Friday, April 14, 2006

Spring luck

SPRING has finally come in this part of the world. In Japan, and probably in other temperate countries, this season is most looked forward to and many (if not all) eagerly wait for it. I, for one, love spring so much because this means no more thick fur coats, no more layers of clothings and finally get rid of the "burning" coldness of winter. But this also means no more snow. *sigh*

To many (including myself), Spring connotes a new beginning to something wonderful. Spring gives birth to new life, new hope, new journey, new career, new relationships and all other new things in life. In Japan, this time is the start of its fiscal year. This is also a busy period for job seekers, as many jobs are offered by several companies at this time. Choices are many, but competition is also tough. As for me, I haven't found my best luck yet. But I am not losing hope. Never felt that, in fact. Coz I see opportunities knocking at my door one after the other. It is just a matter of careful scheduling of my rather very (as in v-e-r-y) limited working hours. I have this general impression of Tokyo that it never runs out of jobs to offer any one who is willing to earn for his daily bread. It is just a matter of choice, time and preference. Unlike in my home country, sad to say, that even for degree holders like me have very limited work choices.

Worthy of mentioning is the help extended by the government-run Hello Work and the Tokyo Employment Service Center for Foreigners. Their help makes my job search a little easier with their extensive database system. You tell them your preferences and they will look for jobs suited to your preferences, and even endorse you to that company you are interested in. I've heard some not-so-good things about this office but in my experience, their help far outweighs whatever those things are.

My Hope is that this Spring will Spring new Hope for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sis.. nice message. hope that spring brings new opportunities.. nice places to explore.. new job..new and better ways of improving ourselves.. hapi easter..