Saturday, January 27, 2007

Back to Tokyo, and what?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Okay, enough of our fairytale vacation. We have long been back to Tokyo, and to real life. Yes, life that is so real we feel we are being treated unfairly. Why? Let me tell you.

This morning, my hubby was about to take our son out when he noticed our jitensha (bicycle), standing rightly in the parking area of our building, has lost its chair. Yeah, a chairless jitensha is what we have now. And, who on earth would steal only the chair? What would the bad guy do with the chair? Can he sell it? I don't think so. Who on earth would buy only that?

Our jitensha has been with us for three years now, and needless to say, has been through a lot. No matter how stainless its parts are, rust still persist in all corners, and dents are everywhere. Rain or shine, summer or fall, it has been my hubby's loyal buddy. And it was even jitensha-napped twice. In these two instances, the nappers were kind enough to return it to the parking area after borrowing it for a couple days without informing us.

This time, will the napper/s bring back the chair to where it should be?

To the chair-napper (if he happens to read this blog -- and if he can understand Eigo), I have one message for you:

Couldn't you just wait for two months until we're outta here, and we will even voluntarily hand you over our jitensha -- the whole of it, not just the chair, if you want? But not now, it's too early. What's the use of the bicycle without the chair? You could have taken everything ...

Grrr ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know how I arrived at this site, but I somehow enjoyed my brief visit. The pics are amazing. I read some of your posts. Beautifully written and very informative!

At first, I was wondering what Gaijin means. So I dug your archives and found the first post. Today, I learned a new japanese word. :)

Ning said...

hi lazarus,

thanks for dropping by.

it always feels good to know that someone from the entire universe appreciates what i write about.

pinoy ka din pala ... and a good writer too!

feel free to visit here anytime. ;)