Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hyakuen shop ... in the Philippines?

Japan Home Center PhilippinesWhen I was still in Japan, I frequent the hyakuen shops where I can buy all sort of things -- things that I would only realize I need them when I saw them in 100yen shops.

And when we went back home, I was only able to bring home some of those 100-yen stuff, and had to throw away most of them. :(

Luckily, I recently discovered this shop that promotes and upholds the concept of 100-yen shops in Japan. As I scan around the items sold at the Japan Home Centre, I could see familiar stuffs that I usually buy back in Japan. But no, the price is not 100 yen, but 88pesos. At first, I was excited to buy some, but after thinking twice, I felt it is a bit expensive for me. In Japan, it is easy to buy anything for 100 yen. But buying the same thing for 88pesos here in the Philippines, the price is doubled. So, in the end, I just grabbed a pack of bathroom tissues (hoping that I could flush it in the toilet bowl, the way I used to do in Japan) and bathroom cleaner.

Anyway, I think I would still visit this shop to buy those only-in-Japan products that are not/hardly found in other shops.

So, if you want to try out Japan-made stuffs, go visit the shop.

Photo from: Japan Home Centre website

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! i saw this first as a small shop in greenhills. is it the same. so you're not in japan anymore? ;-) i'm still based in tokyo. hehehe.

coy-coy said...

hi caryn, sorry for my suuuuper late reply.

yup, been here in pinas since April 2007, but (fingers crossed) plans to go back to japan this year.