Monday, January 15, 2007

Hangover from my Hokkaido trip

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

If there is one good thing that changed me for the better after my trip to Hokkaido, that would be rekindling my interest for cooking Japanese dishes.

My host family once gave me a recipe book that contains authentic Japanese dishes. Undoubtly, it tickled my interest to try cooking Japanese dishes. However, along the way, my enthusiasm was met with frustration because buying the unfamiliar ingredients (at least for me they are unfamiliar) was quite confusing. Aside from the fact that I don't even know how some vegetables look like, their labels are of course in Japanese (needless to say, I can't read Nihonggo -- until now) So, dining out has become my way of trying those dishes.

But after our Hokkaido trip, my interest for cooking Jap dishes was hightened again, to an irristible level that I really wanna do it this time. Oh, in fact, I have already done it, starting with tempura. And yeah, my tempura tasted like tempura! ha, ha! ;)

Wanna have some? ;)

1 comment:

TM tots said...

as appetizing as it may look. i can't even have any of those. so i will just have to take your word for it that it tasted like the real thing :-)